Congratulations on being nominated for Shape Delaware Teacher of the Year (TOY) Award!
This application must be completed by September 20 to be considered for this year’s award.
Please read the following background and TOY requirements. (The actual form is located below the text).
Questions about this form? Email
Every year, Shape Delaware is proud to honor exemplary teachers from all across the state by selecting one Teacher of the Year in the following categories:
1. Elementary Physical Education
2. Middle School Physical Education
3. High School Physical Education
4. Adapted Physical Education
5. Health Education
6. Dance Education
The Shape Delaware Award Committee solicits TOY nominations from Shape Delaware members. Any Shape Delaware member who has not previously received a Teacher of the Year Award is eligible to apply or be nominated. Nominations are due by September 9/20. Once a Shape Delaware Member has nominated a potential TOY using the nomination form, the Shape Delaware Award Committee contacts and verifies the nominee’s commitment to apply for the TOY award. The nominee has until September 28 to complete the TOY Award Application (http://shapedelaware.org/forms).
The criteria for the Shape Delaware TOY award is as follows:
1. Must have a minimum of five years teaching experience in a Delaware State public or private K-12 school.
2. Serves as a positive role model epitomizing personal health and fitness, enjoyment of activity, sportsmanship, and sensitivity to the needs of students.
3. Utilizes various teaching methodologies and plans innovative learning experiences.
4. Conducts a balanced and sequential curriculum.
5. Assumes responsibility for his/her professional growth.
6. Uses Delaware State’s Physical Education &/or health standards to authentically assesses student growth and development.
7. Evidences professional commitment through involvement in local, state, and national organizations.
8. Participates in community service.
9. Is a current member of Shape Delaware and Shape America (Must join Shape America if selected as a Shape Delaware TOY. Refer to http://www.shapeamerica.org for more information).