Shape Delaware provides a harassment-free and discrimination-free experience for everyone at Shape Delaware events. Our events are convened for the purposes of professional development and educational exchange in the spirit of free discussion and free expression in an environment in which diverse attendees may learn, network and enjoy the company of colleagues in a professional atmosphere. SHAPE DELAWARE prohibits harassment or discrimination in any form by any person attending or otherwise participating in Shape Delaware -sponsored events, meetings or social gatherings.
This Policy outlines expectations for all those who attend or participate in Shape Delaware events. It reminds Shape Delaware meeting participants that all professional academic ethics and norms apply as standards of behavior and interaction at all meetings and events. “Participant” in this Policy refers to anyone present at Shape Delaware events, including staff, contractors, vendors, exhibitors, venue staff, Shape Delaware members and all other attendees.
1. Purpose: SHAPE DELAWARE is committed to providing an open and welcoming environment for all participants, including but not limited to race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, gender identity, marital status, ability, socioeconomic status, age, religion, veteran or military service status, or any other legally protected status.
2. Expected Behavior
All participants at SHAPE DELAWARE events are expected to abide by this Policy, which includes:
i. Abide by the norms of professional respect that are necessary to promote the conditions for free exchange of ideas. ii. If you witness potential harm to an event participant, be proactive in helping to mitigate or avoid that harm.
iii. Alert conference or security personnel if you see a situation in which someone might be violating this Policy.
3. Unacceptable Behavior
Unwelcome and uninvited attention or contact.
Verbal or written comments, or visual images that are sexually suggestive; denigrate or show hostility or aversion toward an individual, or group of individuals; create an intimidating hostile, or offensive environment; or unreasonably interfere with an individual’s ability to participate in SHAPE DELAWARE activities.
Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning speech or actions in any context during a SHAPE DELAWARE event. Harmful or prejudicial verbal or written comments or visual images related to race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, gender identity, marital status, ability, socioeconomic status, age, religion, veteran or military service status, or any other legally protected status.
- Deliberate intimidation, following or stalking. Harassing photography or recording. Disruption of talks or activities at the event.
- Physical assault (including unwelcome touching or groping).
- Real or implied threat of physical harm.
- Real or implied threat of personal, professional or financial damage or harm.
4. Reporting an Incident: If you are being discriminated against or harassed, notice someone else is being discriminated against or harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a SHAPE DELAWARE staff member immediately. SHAPE DELAWARE staff can be identified by official staff apparel or badge. All complaints will be treated seriously and will be investigated promptly. SHAPE DELAWARE staff will be happy to help attendees contact venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing discrimination or harassment to feel safe for the duration of the event. Additional information on reporting an incident at a specific event can be found below.
5. Disciplinary Action: SHAPE DELAWARE reserves the right to take any action it deems appropriate against a participant who taking into consideration the relevant facts and circumstances. The complainant and any parties involved may be asked to provide written statements. engages in unacceptable behavior.
When SHAPE DELAWARE receives a complaint of unacceptable behavior by a participant ,the matter will be reviewed in a timely manner
taking into consideration the relevant facts and circumstances. The complainant and any parties involved may be asked to provide written statements. taking into consideration the relevant facts and circumstances. The complainant and any parties involved may be asked to provide written statements.
Any participant found to have engaged in unacceptable behavior may be removed from the event without refund and/or excluded from future events.
Any SHAPE DELAWARE member or certificant behaving in an unacceptable manner may be subject to additional consequences, including but not limited to suspension or expulsion from SHAPE DELAWARE membership and/or revocation of their certification.