Student Leadership Conference
(Submit by September 21, 2018)
The 2018 Shape Delaware Student Leadership Conference is designed to provide Shape Delaware student members with leadership development experiences that will prepare participants for leadership opportunities in physical education, health promotion and education, recreation, fitness, dance and sports.
Each institution of higher learning in Delaware may select a maximum of eight students in physical education, health promotion and education, recreation, dance and sport disciplines to participate. To be eligible to participate, students must be members of Shape Delaware.
Date & Location
The 2018 Shape Delaware Student Leadership Conference will be held ? 2018 at Delaware State University in the Wellness & Recreation Center
- Professional dress for awards
- Polo type shirt, warm-up pants/shorts, and sneakers
4:45 –5:00pm Check-in and welcome
5:00 – 6:00pm Awards presentation and pizza
6:00 -7:30pm Conference Activities with State Leaders
Students who attend the entire leadership conference will receive free registration for the Professional Development Conference on October 5, 2018, free Shape Delaware membership for one year and a certificate of completion.
- Students who participate in this leadership conference will agree to:
- Attend two conference sessions on October 5, 2018 sessions and write a summary of those sessions.
- Serve as a presider for one conference session on October 5, 2018.
- Assist with conference set-up and/or clean-up.
- Sign a contract stating that she/he will honor the aforementioned criteria.