This form is only available in a PRINT version.
It must be downloaded and completed, along with all of the required documentation, and mailed as a packet to:
Shape Delaware at PO Box 1639 Dover, DE, post marked by September 26
1. Any student who is a senior and is enrolled in a Delaware high school (public or private) & is planning to attend a Delaware college/university is eligible for this scholarship. Each year two recipients will be selected to receive $250. Students must plan to enroll as a full time student in a teacher preparation program in Dance, Health, Physical Education or Recreation at a DE collegiate institution.
2. The applicant shall rank in the upper one-half of the senior class.
3. The applicant shall hold a current G.P.A. of 2.75 or better, computed on a four point system.
4. The applicant shall show evidence of leadership qualities in the community and extracurricular participation, especially those that may have an impact on the future career in teaching.
1. Complete the official application form.
2. Two sealed letters of recommendation.
a. One letter from a member of the physical education staff of the high school.
b. One letter from a school staff member outside of the department of physical education.
3. Letter written by you (the student), stating clearly your qualifications for the scholarship for which you are applying. In this letter, describe your plans for a career, community activities, awards and other recognitions, and any other pertinent information.
4. An OFFICIAL SEALED high school transcript.
The application form must be filled out in full and submitted by the applicant along with the supporting materials (two letters of recommendation, student support letter and official transcripts) and mailed to:
Shape Delaware Awards Committee Chair, PO Box 1639, Dover DE 19903
1. Completed applications will be reviewed by the Shape Delaware Honors and Awards Committee.
2. Award recipients will be notified upon acceptance.
3. Recognition of the scholarship will be made at the annual Shape Delaware convention awards banquet. Attendance to the banquet is strongly encouraged.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Postmarked by: September 26