1. Elementary Physical Education
2. Middle School Physical Education
3. High School Physical Education
4. Adapted Physical Education
5. Health Education
6. Dance Education
The Shape Delaware Award Committee solicits TOY nominations from Shape Delaware members. Any Shape Delaware member who has not previously received a Teacher of the Year Award is eligible to apply or be nominated. Nominations are due by September 16. Once a Shape Delaware Member has nominated a potential TOY using this nomination form, the Shape Delaware Award Committee contacts and verifies the nominee’s commitment to apply for the TOY award. The nominee has until September 19 to complete the TOY Award Application (http://shapedelaware.org/forms)
The criteria for the Shape Delaware TOY award is as follows: The nominee:
1. Must have a minimum of five years teaching experience in a Delaware State public or private K-12 school.
2. Serves as a positive role model epitomizing personal health and fitness, enjoyment of activity, sportsmanship, and sensitivity to the needs of students.
3. Utilizes various teaching methodologies and plans innovative learning experiences.
4. Conducts a balanced and sequential curriculum.
5. Assumes responsibility for his/her professional growth.
6. Uses Delaware State’s Physical Education &/or health standards to authentically assesses student growth and development.
7. Evidences professional commitment through involvement in local, state, and national organizations.
8. Participates in community service.
9. Is a current member of Shape Delaware and Shape America (Must join Shape America if selected as a Shape Delaware TOY. Refer to Shape America for more information).
Complete this application form BEFORE September 16 for the nominee to be considered for this year’s TOY award.
The nominee must complete the TOY Application Form (on the Shape Delaware web site) by September 19.